WE DISPATCH AT 9:30 A.M. EACH MORNING.
All applicants must sign the day book in person or call in to receive a call
SIGN-IN TIME: ALL DAY
Amarillo, Lubbock, & Midland
OFFICE HOURS ARE FROM 8:00 A.M. — 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday (Please call to make sure someone is in the Lubbock or Midland office.
1. No one shall be allowed to sign their proper book without confirmation of termination from their last employer.
2. All calls for manpower shall be offered to the people signed to the available-for-work-list. All calls for a given day shall be posted on the recorder and web page that evening. To find the listing of calls, if there are any, call the recorder number in Amarillo (806) 376-9945 / (806) 376-4143 Ext. 2 after hours or visit the Jobs Board and search for Local 602 job calls.
3. It will be the responsibility of the member to call the Amarillo Hall at (806) 376-9945 / (806) 376-4143 or the Lubbock Hall at (806) 744-4062 between the hours of 8:30am and 9:30am the next morning, leave your name and telephone number and which calls you would like with the dispatcher (you must talk with the Dispatcher in person) and your name will be marked down on the Day Book. To find out if you received the call, call back immediately after 9:30am (if busy continue to call back till you get through). If you are the low person on the Book and you do not call back immediately after 9:30am or if you claim the call and do not pick up your referral by 9:30am the next day, unless arrangements have been made with the Business Manager, your name will be removed from the AVAILABLE-FOR-WORK-LIST.
4. Being unavailable for referral when work would have been offered to the registrant shall be considered a turndown; rejection of the applicant by the employer is not a turn down. Calls outside the individuals’ geographic jurisdiction will not be considered a turn down.
5. Registrants will be allowed two turndowns without penalty and will be rolled completely off the books for a third turn down, unless employed by a signatory employer outside your home local’s jurisdiction. You must re-register in person after being rolled off.
6. The Business Manager is responsible to fill calls in a timely manner as needed by the employers. This means in an emergency, referrals may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
7. Sign-in and re-sign procedure. Your original sign-in may be made in person during business hours(8:00am to 5:00pm), Monday through Friday at 200 S. Fannin in Amarillo or 405 50th Street in Lubbock. Your original sign-in may also be made online provided you submit the required documentation. You can resign by mail, it must be postmarked no later than the 15th of each month and mailed to the Union Hall at one of the address above to retain your place on the Book. You may also re-sign by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, card number and date when re-signing between the 10th and the 16th of each month. You may also call the Hall during normal business hours or leave a message on the night-line between the 10th and the 16th of each month. You may also re-sign online. Failure to send in your re-sign postmarked by the 15th of the month or to re-sign by e-mail, phone or online submission between the 10th and 16th of the month will result in your name being removed from the AVAILABLE-FOR-WORK-LIST. The AVAILABLE-FOR-WORK-LIST will be purged the Monday following the 16th of each month.
A short call will last no more than 14 (fourteen) calendar days. The calls will be offered by the same procedures as a regular call. You will not lose your place on the Regular Call Book if you take a Short-Call. The Business Manager may extend a Short-Call at his discretion.